Vacations never last long enough. I had nine days off, and only managed to finish one project. Of course, that one project took about three days to complete. It was quite fiddly and involved a lot of fussy cutting. But I do love the way it turned out.
I began this project by painting the edges of the shrine with Victorian Green Impasto paint. I then carefully measured each piece of the shrine in order to cover both sides with Fairie Wings papers. I used Mod Podge to glue the papers down. After everything was dry, I glued the shrine together except for the front curtain piece.
I used some window dies from Memory Box/Poppystamps to cut leafy windows from several pieces of the Fairie Wings collection, both the 8×8 pad and the Patterns and Solids 12×12 pad. I used pieces of adhesive foam to create the layers. I added fussy cut fairies and flowers to each layer as I went along.
When I was satisfied with my interior layers, I glued on the curtain piece, adding more flowers and fairies along the front. A thin sticker from the sticker sheets was added along the edge of the base. I heat embossed the wooden circle for the top of the shrine with WOW Embossing Powder in Velvet. One of the small chipboard circles from the Fairie Wings collection fit perfectly inside. Finally, I added a few sequins as a finishing touch.
This was such fun to make, but my goodness, it was a lot of fussy cutting! If I could do one thing differently, I would have painted or covered the back of the curtain piece. I may still try to do that later.
I still have plenty of the Fairie Wings collection left. I’ll have to see what else I can come up with. ❤